train

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Week 4. Thing 8 & 9. I have entered into the world of RSS.
RSS is an easy way for you to be alerted when content that interests you appears on your favorite Web sites. Instead of visiting a particular Web site to browse for new articles and features, RSS automatically tells you when something new is posted online. Click on the section title link to obtain the RSS URL, which you will see in the "Address" field of of your browser. Simply copy this URL and follow the instructions for your particular news reader to subscribe. I am using Bloglines (www.bloglines.com) as my aggregator to collect feeds from many sites so I can be kept up to date with the most recent information on topics I enjoy reading about. I currently have 8 feeds on my Bloglines account.

One can certainly spend hours upon hours RSSing however I will have to be more specific in feeds I subscribe to as these can get out of hand.

I did look at a few Newsreaders and selected Topix.net, went for the sports section and searched for Australian Football League, subscribed to it and now is listed in my bloglines account as a feed. Yippee. I think I've done it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home